Overall, I didn't enjoy how this book compares one to a million and one brands, but I did receive a lot of food for thought and ideas about creating my own Brand Image, my own Brand Julie. Coincidentally, one of the examples the authors use is a girl named Julie! In the beginning, she was a pathetic character, but by the end, she had improved into a commendable human being, who is working hard to achieve all her goals with her new brand image. She even went as far to change her looks to match her new brand, attends college after being laid off, establishes herself as an individual after a divorce and creates a comprehensive action plan to focus her new-found desires.
If you like books that offer self-help in a user-friendly manner, then this book is definitely for you. I would recommend it more highly if it were not for the constant comparison of humans to brands, which is objectifying the reader and demeaning for my tastes.
At the end of the book, there is a glossary of branding terms, which is quite useful if you have never learned the basics of business. Also, there are two websites for self-assessment tools that I may try after this blog write-up.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.